Visiting Academic Staff
For general service information on life and work in Germany please go to the portals provided by Euraxess and Research in Germany.
There you will also find the funding databases for your research stay:
An overview on the different residence permits for academics from non-EU countries is provided by the German Rector’s Conference (HRK).
The H-BRS is establishing international professorships or lecturer positions with the title H-BRS International Chair, which will be filled by foreign teaching staff and funded from central HEP funds.
For general information on a research stay or period of tuition please click here.
In addition, the International Office will be happy to provide you with advice and assistance in respect to concrete questions concerning your stay at our university:
- Letter of invitation for a visa
- Organization of a study buddy
- Accommodation during the first days of your stay in Germany
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Questions relating to insurance
- Study buddy accompanying you to public authorities, the bank etc. and providing you with support regarding registration procedures
- Information on kindergartens, schools, advice centres, healthcare facilities, tips on spare-time activities, sports
- Language-learning offerings
If you already have specific plans about visiting our university, you will find some useful information for the preparation of your stay in our Flyer for International Visiting Academics.
53757, Sankt Augustin
Telephone+49 2241 865 705